The legendary Fish Frys continue and we invite you to join us for our “Friday Fish Frys” at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Merrillville, Indiana throughout the Orthodox Lenten season. Everyone is welcome to join us for a delicious meal! Carry-out is also available!
The Friday Fish Frys will take every Friday evening through April 14 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Pavilion at St. Sava Church 9191 Mississippi Street, Merrillville, Indiana.
Choose from Cod, Perch, Shrimp, or the Serbian specialty known as Bakalar – Combo plates also available. All dinners include fish of choice, soup, french fries, coleslaw, and bread. Lenten salad bar and desserts also available. Beverages also available for purchase.
Friday Fish Frys will take place throughout the Orthodox Lenten season. These dinners are open to the general public every Friday throughout Great Lent until the Friday before Easter.
- Cod Dinner or Ocean Perch Dinner: $12.00 – Dinner comes with bowl of soup, bread, 3 pieces of fish, fries, and coleslaw
- Shrimp or Bakalar Dinner: $13.00
- Shrimp dinner comes with bowl of soup, bread, 8 shrimp, fries, and coleslaw
- Bakalar dinner comes with bowl of soup, bread, bakalar and coleslaw
- Cod/Perch Combo Plate: $12.00 – Combo to chooose to have 1 piece + 2 pieces of your choice with soup/bread fries coleslaw
- Cod/Shrimp Combo Plate: $13.00 – 2 Fish 3 shrimp soup bread fries slaw
- Perch/Shrimp Combo Plate: $13.00 – 2 Fish 3 shrimp soup bread fries slaw
- Seafood Plate: $15.00 – Bakalar, 1 piece of perch or Cod, 4 shrimp Soup, bread, fries, coleslaw
Volunteers still needed
Volunteers are needed to help in the kitchens, serving, and cleaning up. Salad bar and dessert items from members are also appreciated. Please call the church office at 219-736-9191 to volunteer.
2016 Fish Fry Dates at St. Sava Church – Merrillville, Indiana
We look forward to seeing you at one of our many Friday Fish Fry Dates:
- March 3, 2017 hosted by the St. Sava Executive Board
- March 10, 2017 hosted by Karageorge Choir
- March 17, 2017 hosted by Srbadija Folklore (Youth Folklore)
- March 24, 2017 hosted by Serbian Sisters Circle “Kolo”
- March 31, 2017 hosted by St. Sava Sunday School
- April 7, 2017 hosted by St. Sava Executive Board
- April 14, 2017 hosted by St. Sava Executive Board