A special showcase of dance from different cultures along with Serbian cuisine and the famous bake sale will all be on display at the third annual “Intercultural Dance Festival” taking place Saturday, May 20 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Merrillville, Indiana.
Approximately 12 different dance groups have confirmed they will be performing and will be sharing their talents. This will be the third consecutive year of the Intercultural Festival hosted in the new Pavilion at St. Sava that draws hundreds of people and unites through culture and dance.
This year there will be some familiar dance groups from previous festivals and some new additions to the lineup. Some of the performers have been featured throughout the week and their information is available at the St. Sava website (www.saintsava.net/blog).
This year groups representing Serbian, Polish, and other Eastern European nationalities will be performing, with more groups still joining the lineup. Performers this year will be traveling from as far away as Alberta, Niagara Falls, and Ontario in Canada.
Previous dance festivals have featured groups representing different regions of Serbia, Mexico, Greece, Ireland, and India in the performance.
Please save the Saturday, May 20 date to join us for the Third Annual Intercultural Festival, hosted by Srbadija Folklore, at St. Sava Church, 9191 Mississippi Street, Merrillville, IN 46410.
Intercultural Dance Festival 2017 Performers
- Balkanske Igre – Chicago
- Opanak – Edmonton, Alberta – Canada
- St. Elijah – Merrillville – Frula
- St. George – Niagara Falls, Canada
- St. George – Schererville – Tromedja
- St. Raphael Kalinowski Polish School Polish Group – Munster
- St. Sava – Merrillville – Srbadija
- St. Stevan Dečanski – Detroit – Rasko
- Sts. Cyril and Methodius Srpska Mladost – Guelph, Ontario
- Sts. Peter & Paul MOC – Crown Point – Kitka
- Sts. Peter & Paul Parish – Oakville, Ontario