The Children’s Choir at St. Sava Church in Merrillville, IN will host a luncheon immediately following the Divine Liturgy, Sunday, November 1 in the South Wing.
The menu will be mainly Serbian specialties of local cuisine prepared with love and the skilled hands of “choir” moms, grandmas, and all those who support the choir.
Musicians John Derado and Vasilije Vasko Stankovic will perform with acoustic guitars, during the luncheon.
This luncheon serves as a fundraising opportunity to help the Children’s Choir at St. Sava achieve their goals this year.
The group of young talent from St. Sava has already performed at multiple events this year including Serb Fest 2015 over the summer and the Valparaiso World Cultural Festival taking place in downtown Valparaiso in mid September.
Children’s Choir to perform in Milwaukee -Sunday, Nov. 15
The Children’s Choir of St. Sava Church in Merrillville, IN has been invited to perform at a special fundraising concert benefiting the St. Sava Orthodox School in Milwaukee, WI taking place Sunday, November 15, 2015 beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Admission to the special fundraising concert along with food is free, though donations are greatly appreciated.
The concert and dinner are taking place in the St. Sava Cultural Center, 3201 S. 51st Street, Milwaukee, WI.
Participants during the concert and presentations include:
- Ivana Stankovic, Merrillville, IN – vocal
- Vasilije Vasko Stankovic, Merrillville, IN – solo guitar
- Bane Djordjevic, Chicago, IL – keyboard
- St. Sava Children’s Choir, Merrillville, IN
- Jasmina Jovanovic – Iconographer, Artist and Art historian
- Sandra Glisic, Rockford, IL – reciter
- Jelena Gvozden, Milwaukee – reciter
- St. Sava School Choir, Milwaukee
- Mira Brankov – Event Hostess