The Executive Board of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church has shared the agenda for the Annual Membership Meeting taking place Sunday, January 22, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the South Wing Social Center of St. Sava located at 9191 Misssissippi Street in Merrillville, Indiana.
This annual meeting will take place in accordance with the by-laws of the Church-School Parish, Part III, Article 16 (A, b, and c), the Annual Membership Assembly of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Parish membership.
All current members are encouraged to attend to gain important insights about church operations and to vote for the new Executive Board that will provide leadership throughout 2017.
Annual Membership Assembly 2017 Agenda
The Executive Board proposes the following agenda:
- Opening of Assembly with prayer
- Establishment of the Quorum
- Election of the Assembly President
- Confirmation of the proposed agenda
- Acceptance of the minutes of the 2015 Annual Assembly
- Discussion and acceptance of the Executive Board reports:
- Parish Priest
- Financial Secretary
- Church School Report
- Executive Board President
- Report of the Auditing Committee
- Questions and proposals for the good of the Parish
- Election of delegates for the Diocesan Church Peoples Assembly
- Dismissal of the old Board and election of the new Board
- Closing of the Assembly with prayer
Dues will be collected at this Annual Meeting.
Minutes of the last year’s meeting will be attached to each member’s Report. In order to save time and spare our members of the need to have the minutes read, members will have ample time before the meeting to read the minutes in the language of his or her choice. This rule was unanimously passed at the 1989 General Assembly.