Assemblies are an important part of what helps to guide the functioning of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church-School Congregation for efficient and successful realization of its aims and purposes. The Annual Membership Assembly is outlined in the official by-laws of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church-School Congregation.
It is the duty of the current Executive Board of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church-School Congregation to invite and announce the current members to the Annual Membership Assembly and prepare the Agenda for the meeting. An outline of the proposed agenda is listed below, along with a downloadable version where the proposed agenda is listed in both English and Serbian languages. Details about activities from the past year will be shared through Executive Board reports at the meeting.
Also at the Annual Membership Assembly, a new Executive Board will be voted upon to lead the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church-School Congregation through 2016. The right to participate in discussion and vote at the Assembly is allowed for members in good standing.
When is the next St. Sava Annual Membership Assembly?
In accordance with the by-laws of the Church-School Parish, Part III, Article 16 (A, b, and c), the Annual Membership Assembly of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Parish membership will take place Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the South Wing Social Center of St. Sava located at 9191 Misssissippi Street in Merrillville, Indiana.
Annual Membership Assembly 2016 Agenda
The Executive Board proposes the following agenda:
- Opening of Assembly with prayer
- Establishment of the Quorum
- Election of the Assembly President
- Confirmation of the proposed agenda
- Acceptance of the minutes of the 2015 Annual Assembly
- Discussion and acceptance of the Executive Board reports:
- Parish Priest
- Financial Secretary
- Church School Report
- Executive Board President
- Report of the Auditing Committee
- Report of the Audit Board
- Questions and proposals for the good of the Parish
- Election of delegates for the Diocesan Church Peoples Assembly
- Dismissal of the old Board and election of the new Board
- Closing of the Assembly with prayer
Dues will be collected at this Annual Meeting.
Minutes of the 2015 Annual Meeting, in two languages, will be attached to each member’s 2015 Report. In order to save time and spare our members of the need to have the 2015 minutes read in two languages, members will have ample time before the meeting to read the minutes in the language of his or her choice. This rule was unanimously passed at the 1989 General Assembly.
A copy of the above agenda information is included in a downloadable document in both English and Serbian.