In accordance with the by-laws of the Church-School Parish, Part III, Article 16 (A, b, and c), we call the assembly of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Parish membership to be held on Sunday January 17, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the South Wing Social Center of St. Sava located at 9191 Misssissippi Street in Merrillville, Indiana.
The Executive Board proposes the following agenda:
- Opening of Assembly with prayer
- Establishment of the Quorum
- Election of the Assembly President
- Confirmation of the proposed agenda
- Acceptance of the minutes of the 2015 Annual Assembly
- Discussion and acceptance of the Executive Board reports:
- Parish Priest
- Financial Secretary
- Church School Report
- Executive Board President
- Report of the Auditing Committee
- Report of the Audit BOard
- Questions and proposals for the good of the Parish
- Election of delegates for the Diocesan Church Peoples Assembly
- Dismissal of the old Board and election of the new Board
- Closing of the Assembly with prayer
Dues will be collected at this Annual Meeting.
Minutes of the 2015 Annual Meeting, in two languages, will be attached to each member’s 2015 Report. In order to save time and spare our members of the need to have the 2015 minutes read in two languages, members will have ample time before the meeting to read the minutes in the language of his or her choice. This rule was unanimously passed at the 1989 General Assembly.
A copy of the above information is included in a downloadable document in both English and Serbian.