The legendary Fish Frys continue and we invite you to join us for our “Friday Fish Frys” at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Merrillville, Indiana. This will be the final Fish Fry before Easter. Everyone is welcome to join us for a delicious meal! Carry-out is also available!
The final Friday Fish Fry before Easter will take place April 7 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Pavilion at St. Sava Church 9191 Mississippi Street, Merrillville, Indiana.
Choose from Cod, Perch, Shrimp, or the Serbian specialty known as Bakalar – Combo plates also available. All dinners include fish of choice, soup, french fries, coleslaw, and bread. Lenten salad bar and desserts also available. Beverages also available for purchase.
Friday Fish Frys will take place throughout the Orthodox Lenten season. These dinners are open to the general public every Friday throughout Great Lent until the Friday before Good Friday.
- BEER BATTERED COD: Dinner includes Bean soup, 3 pieces of Cod, fries, coleslaw
- OCEAN PERCH: Dinner includes Bean soup, 3 pieces of Perch, fries, coleslaw
- FANTAIL BUTTERFLY SHRIMP: Dinner includes 8 pieces Shrimp, bean soup, fries, coleslaw
- BAKALAR: (Serbian Specialty): Canadian white salt Cod blended with potatoes, olive oil, garlic, and onions and then baked. Dinner includes portion of Bakalar, bean soup, coleslaw.
COMBO PLATTERS: All platters include bean soup, fries, and coleslaw
- $12.00 – 1 Piece of Cod, 2 Perch
- $12.00 – 1 Piece of Perch, 2 Pieces of Cod
- $13.00 – 2 Pieces of Perch or Cod OR 1 piece Perch, 1 piece Cod with 4 shrimp
- $14.00 – 1 Piece of Perch, 1 Piece Cod, and Bakalar
- $15.00 – 1 piece of Perch or Cod, 4 shrimp, Bakalar
- Extra piece of Fish or shrimp $2.00 per piece
- Bowl of Soup $2.00
- Fries: $2.00
- Coleslaw $2.00
Desserts sold separately
Volunteers still needed
Volunteers are needed to help in the kitchens, serving, and cleaning up. Salad bar and dessert items from members are also appreciated. Please call the church office at 219-736-9191 to volunteer.
2016 Fish Fry Dates at St. Sava Church – Merrillville, Indiana
We look forward to seeing you at one of our many Friday Fish Fry Dates:
- March 3, 2017 hosted by the St. Sava Executive Board
- March 10, 2017 hosted by Karageorge Choir
- March 17, 2017 hosted by Srbadija Folklore (Youth Folklore)
- March 24, 2017 hosted by Serbian Sisters Circle “Kolo”
- March 31, 2017 hosted by St. Sava Sunday School
- April 7, 2017 hosted by St. Sava Executive Board