His Holiness Patriarch PORFIRIJE will be making a special visit to celebrate Holy Liturgy at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Merrillville, Indiana on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
This special date will also mark the celebration of the 107th anniversary and the 30 year anniversary since the consecration of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church.
This will be the first visit to the United States for His Holiness PORFIRIJE and the public is invited to partake in this historic event, including the Divine Liturgy and banquet immediately following.
To ensure seating for this historic event reservations will be required.
Please respond by September 30, 2021 by calling 219-736-9191.
His Holiness the Archbishop of Pec, Metropolitan of Belgrade-Karlovci, and Serbian Patriarch +PORFIRIJE, is the 46th in line on the Blessed Throne of Serbian Patriarchs, and 55th successor of St. Sava as head of the Holy Serbian Church.
On February 18, 2021, he was elected by the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church to succeed His Holiness Patriarch +IRINEJ of the Blessed Memory.
His Holiness Patriarch PORFIRIJE will be the keynote speaker during the program taking place October 17, 2021.
Schedule of October 17, 2021
- 10:00 a.m. – Divine Hierarchial Liturgy, followed by Memorial Service and laying of Memorial Wreaths
- 1:00 p.m. – Anniversary Banquet and Program at the St. Sava Event Center, Merrillville, Indiana
- St. Sava Hymn – Children of St. Sava and Visiting Churches
- Posting of Colors and National Anthem – S.S.S. Karageorge Choir and Visiting Choirs
- Welcoming and Introduction of Guests
- Remarks by Ted Erceg, former St. Sava President
- Remarks by Very Reverend Jovan Todorovich
- Greetings and Introduction of Special Guest by His Grace Bishop Longin
- Key Note Speaker – His Holiness Patriarch PORFIRIJE