The Executive Board of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church has shared the agenda for the Annual Membership Meeting taking place Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. at the South Wing Social Center of St. Sava Church, located at 9191 Misssissippi Street in Merrillville, Indiana.
It is important to note that membership dues must be up-to-date before the day of the meeting. Members are encouraged to make arrangements to make sure dues are paid and up-to-date prior to February 27. Call the office at 219-736-9191 for more information or to make appropriate arrangements.
This annual meeting will take place in accordance with the by-laws of the Church-School Parish, Part III, Article 16 (a, b, and c), the Annual Membership Assembly of the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Parish membership.
All current members are encouraged to attend to gain important insights about church operations and to vote for the new Executive Board that will provide leadership throughout 2022 until the next annual meeting in early 2023.
Annual Membership Assembly 2022 Agenda
The Executive Board proposes the following agenda:
- Opening of Assembly with prayer
- Establishment of the Quorum
- Election of the Assembly President
- Confirmation of the proposed agenda
- Acceptance of the minutes of the 2020 Annual Assembly
- Discussion and acceptance of the Executive Board reports:
- Parish Priest
- Financial Secretary
- Church School Report
- Executive Board President
- Report of the Audit Board
- Questions and proposals for the good of the Parish
- Election of delegates for the Diocesan Assembly
- Dismissal of the old Board and election of the new Board
- Closing of the Assembly with prayer
DUES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AT THIS ANNUAL MEETING
Minutes of the 2020 Annual meeting will be attached to each member’s 2022 Report. In order to save time and spare our members of the need to have the 2020 minutes read, members will have ample time before the meeting to read the minutes. This rule was unanimously passed at the 1989 General Assembly.